Ladoix « Clos Royer »
- Grape variety PINOT NOIR 100 %
- Vinification Manual harvest with selective sorting. Total de-stemming then alcoholic fermentation between 25° and 34° C in stainless steel vats for 10 to 15 days. Daily pigéage until devatting.
- Ageing The wine is aged for 12 months in French oak barrels (made by local coopers), of which 15% are new barrels.
Racking and assemblage in stainless steel tanks for 6 months on fine lees before bottling.
- Tasting notes Aromas of red fruits and spices. Intense garnet red colour. The ripe nose reveals a concentrated and well structured mouth. Should be drunk between O and 8 years old.
- Terroir Located at the bottom of the hill, the subsoil is composed of limestone debris with flint and clay. This parcel is entirely protected by high dry stone walls.
- Production 4500 bottles