Corton Grand cru
- Grape variety PINOT NOIR 100 %
- Vinification Manual harvest with selective sorting. Total de-stemming then alcoholic fermentation between 25° and 34° C in stainless steel vats for 10 to 15 days. Daily pigéage until devatting.
- Ageing The wine is aged in French oak barrels (made by local coopers), for 12 months. Malolactic fermentation, racking and assemblage in stainless steel vats for 6 months on fine lees before bottling.
- Tasting notes Beautiful balance between power and elegance. The colour is deep and strong. As they age, the aromas of fruit (gooseberry, cherry, prune) evolve towards earthy undergrowth and licorice. Should be drunk between 5 and 20 years old.
- Terroir This Corton “Les Maréchaudes” is situated in Ladoix-Serrigny, with an east-northeastern exposure on limestone soils alternating with marl.
- Production 600 bottles